Thursday, October 09, 2008

Crumpler "Sinking Barge" SLR Camera and 15" Laptop Bag

Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 3

To protect the Nikon D90 and allow me to maintain my sanity while commuting with my computer equipment as well, I bought a black and grey Crumpler Sinking Barge bag, which holds a 15" laptop like a Macbook Pro (not the 17" version, though), an SLR and medium-sized lens, one extra lens, and has enough room for a flash, cables and so on. Today I am carrying all that plus a change of clothes.

Crumpler has a zany flash-based website that you just have to experience. It is like a big vending machine, complete with some funny off-color product demonstration vids featuring employees. Good stuff.

What I like about it is that it looks smooth, not like your typical camera bag, has excellent zippers and workmanship, and protects my usual equipment quite well. If I have any criticism, it is that some of the pockets are a little tight to insert a hand, there is no place for a monopod to be clipped (you need to get the bigger Crumpler models for that), and the inside flap is overly long. Overall, it's perfect for my needs.

Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 1Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 4Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 5Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 2Crumpler Sinking Barge 2008 - 6

No comments: