Saturday, January 31, 2009

Between the Lines of the Agile Manifesto

Lately I have been thinking a lot about my firm eSolia's way of managing support and projects. We have a lot of experience with PM for both business and IT, and have applied that experience repeatedly to improving our process. However, one day I was reading something about Agile teams and a Lean approach to doing business, and I started to notice that our approach already matched what was being discussed. Perhaps our approach would benefit from what was being discussed "in the literature".

Looking into Agile, Lean and Scrum more, one thing I noticed about the Agile Manifesto is, it seems many teams claiming Agility are taking the most extreme stance possible, almost making reactionary excuses to avoid anything that smells of "structure". Very rebellious, and it's no wonder many of those same teams also claim that Agile does not work. But this sort of reactionary stance is not quite what the manifesto is stating.

Please have a look at this short article I wrote, regarding my interpretation reading between the lines of the Agile Manifesto. Put your comments on this blog post; I'd love to hear from you, and I hope this article helps someone. Enjoy!


No comments: