Friday, December 12, 2008

iPhone Tap Tips

New iPhone, home screenAfter (finally!) getting a new iPhone and contract from Softbank here in Japan, just like I did with Mac Keyboard Shortcuts, I struggled a bit with the "tap sequences" one needs to learn to be able to input text or navigate efficiently in this superior smartphone.

How to Manipulate the iPhone with Taps and Button Presses

For convenience, I compiled a list of iPhone "Tap Tips", or shortcuts for tapping and pressing the buttons and interface of the iPhone, which I hope will be useful to iPhone users.

For instance, do you know what these sequences do?

  • Triple-click the mic clicker.
  • Double-press the home button.
  • Double-tap space when entering text.

If not, take a peek at my "iPhone tap tips" list for the answers and more, and most of all, Enjoy!

No comments: